Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Meatballs & IKEA

Jag vill åka till IKEA

This was the 1st sentence I learnt in Swedish: I want to go to IKEA.
Today my wish came true!

A welcoming sight! 
Look at the little pencils & under it, paper ruler strips to measure all the things you are going to buy!


All IKEA's look the same but the Stockholm one is even more special -
the 1ST & LARGEST in the whole wide world!!!

Making myself @ home, as one should at IKEA


Jag vill äta köttbullar

I was hardly in the door when my second Swedish dream came true:
 I want to eat meatballs became... 

 I ATE MEATBALLS!!!

This is the Swede being very un-Swedish by ordering a spinach & cheese pancake. 
It wasn't as yummy or as Swedish as my Swedish meatballs though, of course not.


 15 meatballs in brown sauce, mashed potatoes & cowberry jam.
It was delicious!


Here is a video of the meatballs:



Here are pictures of the IKEA Stockholm dining experience:




These are the random weekday specials. 10 kronor = 1 Euro. Unfortunately we didn't come on meatball day, so mine cost 55 kronor w/ a drink & coffee, unlimited refills of course:



Hmmm, hard to believe it's the biggest in the world as it's not really that big.
 But that's what a sign & my translator said. 
See what you reckon:




Leaving with a few wine glasses to replace the ones I broke:



The meatballs were too filling, I couldn't even exit with a 50c hotdog.
Time to take the 2 buses & 1 train home...
Goodbye IKEA Stockholm!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment